Use and Structure of our Git
Type of files
We put every types of files we need in our Git.
For Datasheet, it has to be in "*.pdf" format and we use Git LFS to store them.
- All repositories names have to be in lower case.
- We use unix style by replacing space with "_".
- Repository name should look like <prefix>_<type/year>_<optional:team>_<name>
- Repository must start with one of the following prefix:
- elec for electronics
- meca for mechanics
- firm for firmware
- If the repository is common accross the years it should continue with
- lib for a library
- tool for a tool or help
- If the repository is specific to a year, it must continue with the year and optionally the team name (if relevant)
- Then it must finish with a name that make sense (try to avoid robot 1 and 2)
exemple: meca_lib_motors is the repository for commons 3D models of our motors.